Background: reason for khomas homeless development trust (KHDT)
- The Lord spoke to me in 1989 through a vision while I was waiting for my trial. During that time I was not a believer.
- In 2005 the Lord came into my life and transformed me in a powerful way. One morning I woke up sober, something that was completely strange for me. Up to that point I was totally an alcoholic. A week after this, the Lord also set my free from smoking completely. Since that time, the Lord guided my on the road following Him step by step until today.
- Now back to the vision God gave me at that time. I saw myself walking in an eastern direction with a bag full of seeds and as far as my eye could see, the land was plowed. As I walked I sowed the see on the plowed land.
- I believe that the homeless people are the plowed land and that the Lord called me to sow in this land.
The purpose of khdo
- The Khomas Homeless Development Trust (KHDT) is a Non-Profit Making trust which was established to provide the homeless and needy with the necessary skills and training to become empowered, self-sufficient and independent individuals to reduce poverty.
- It is our aim to uplift the living standards of the people living on the streets by reconnecting them with the churches and families and to improve their spiritual lives.
- The main objective of the Khomas Homeless Development Trust is to rehabilitate and impart skills that foster independence and so promote self-sufficiency.
How do we do this?
- KHDT is ‘a registered welfare organisation. The Ministry of Health and Social Services approved an application for funding and we are very grateful for this.
- As the aims of KHDT is to uplift the living standard of the homeless, we provide them with food and clothes. Previously we could only do this twice a month but now this is done daily at the Church of the Nazarene in Khomasdal.
- The registration of the homeless is one of the first things that we need to do.
- We then invite them to come to the Church of the Nazarene.
- Here, they first sit and listen to the Gospel message. We invited the pastors of Khomasdal to come and help with serving the Word of God.
- The volunteers try where possible to go into conversation with the homeless people and in this way befriend them.
- We are in partnership with the Philippi Trust Namibia who will come and serve the people with Christian Counselling.
- Possibility of starting a green scheme there at the Church of the Nazarene.